Come and fly the skies where black eagles soar, hike the paths of the leopard, climb the rocks where baboons play and spend some time at a rock pool each day.
Tucked high up in the Olifants River Mountains above Porterville in the Western Cape in South Africa, Beaverlac offers camping and cabins to maximise your enjoyment of nature. Situated in a secluded 5000 hectare valley surrounded by mountains, Beaverlac is blessed with two rivers, the Ratel (Honey Badger) and the Olifants.
A wide variety of hiking and mountain bike trails and rock pools are available for visitors.
Right of admission strictly reserved
READ THE REQUIREMENTS BELOW BEFORE YOU REGISTER OR SUBMIT A BOOKING
REGISTRATION: ALL 18 YEARS AND OLDER TO REGISTER.
1.YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED MEMBER TO CAMP OR BOOK A CABIN AT BEAVERLAC.
3. Please refrain from using your business/employer e-mail address during registration.
4. When your registration is approved by us, you will receive an e-mail notification.
5. Use your username and password in the e-mail notification to LOGIN HERE
. You will now have link to the CAMPING BOOKING FORM in the main menu. Follow the BOOKING PROCEDURES below.
** PROCEDURE AND REQUIREMENTS TO BOOK FOR TENT/CARAVAN CAMPING: **
(BOOKINGS ON BEHALF OF OTHER VEHICLES OR GROUP BOOKINGS NOT ALLOWED.)
1. The driver of the vehicle must log in to complete and submit the CAMPING BOOKING FORM .
2. MAKE SURE ALL PERSONS 18 YEARS AND OLDER ARE REGISTERED. See REGISTRATION above. Your booking will be rejected by us if non-registered persons are listed in the booking.
3. If there are more than 6 persons in the same vehicle, complete and submit an additional camping request for that vehicle. Add the word "continuation" after the vehicle registration number.
4. When your camping request is approved, we will e-mail you the BOOKING APPROVAL which is also your PERMIT to enter and to camp at Beaverlac during the period indicated. Without a proper paper or electronic copy of the complete permit, access to Beaverlac will be denied so please bring the PERMIT along.
5. By submitting a camping request you also accept to abide by all our rules at all times while at Beaverlac. Failure to abide by our rules will result in immediate and permanent eviction.
6. PLEASE, DO NOT MAKE DEPOSITS FOR TENT/CARAVAN CAMPING.
6. Please read "THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND" at the bottom of this page.
** PROCEDURE AND REQUIREMENT TO BOOK A CABIN: **
1. Only Registered persons may book a Cabin. The 18 years and older guests staying with you in the cabin must register too. See REGISTRATION above.
2. Phone 022 931 2945 to book or inquire about cabin availability: Daily between 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm (Bookings or inquiries per e-mail will be ignored)
3. Have your USER ID ready. You will see your USER ID on the top of the Home Page under "WELCOME TO BEAVERLAC" after login.
4. Once you secured a cabin a 50% nonrefundable deposit is required immediately. E-mail proof of your deposit within 48 hours to email@example.com
or fax-to-mail (086 669 2851). Should you fail to do so we reserve the right to cancel the cabin booking without notifying to you. See the "CONTACT PAGE" for our Bank Account details.
5. Additional persons joining you as campers must book for camping separately. See Registration and Tent/Caravan Camping above.
** All visitors to Beaverlac are required to adhere to the Rules & Regulations - READ HERE**
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
Friendly and well-behaved dogs are welcome too, BUT you must keep your dog under controle at all times. Dogs are not allowed in rock pools where people are swimming.
- We do not have demarcated camping spots. You may camp anywhere in the camping area. We do not reserve camping spots.
- No electricity availabe at the campsites but we do have a freezer and powerpoint at the shop for use by campers.
NO DAY VISITORS allowed.
- NO DROP AND GO CAMPERS AND NO BUSES OR TAXIS.
Please make sure you do understand our camp rules before you make a booking. Campers that do not abide to our camp rules will be evicted. MUSIC IS NOT ALLOWED and ABSOLUTE SILENCE in the camp FROM 11:00 pm till 7:00 am THE FOLLOWING MORNING. Please report offenders at the shop. All we need is their car registration numbers.
- Small cars that are not heavily loaded, do make it in and out of Beaverlac. You use the farm road down to Beaverlac at your own risk.
- Please do not bring persons along who are not duly registered and booked according the registration and booking procedures above.