Come and fly the skies where black eagles soar, hike the paths of the leopard, climb the rocks where baboons play and spend some time at a rock pool each day.
Tucked high up in the Olifants River Mountains above Porterville in the Western Cape in South Africa, Beaverlac offers camping and cabins to maximise your enjoyment of nature. Situated in a secluded 5000 hectare valley surrounded by mountains, Beaverlac is blessed with two rivers, the Ratel (Honey Badger) and the Olifants.
A wide variety of hiking and mountain bike trails and rock pools are available for visitors.
CABIN AVAILABILITY: CALL OUR OFFICE.PLEASE DO NOT E-MAIL US TO INQUIRE ABOUT AVAILABILTY. SEE THE CABIN BOOKING PROCERURE BELOW.
Right of admission strictly reserved
ACCESS TO THE BEAVERLAC CAMPSITE WILL BE DENIED SHOULD YOU FAIL ANY OF THE REGISTRATION AND BOOKING REQUIREMENTS SET OUT BELOW
NO MUSIC, NO MUSICAL INSTUMENTS
PLEASE RESPECT YOUR CAMPING NEIGHBOURS AND
PLEASE MAINTAIN PEACE AND QUIET BETWEEN 11Pm AND 7Am
STEP 1: REGISTER TO BECOME A MEMBER OF BEAVERLAC
PLEASE READ AND ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT REQUIREMETS
1.All persons 18 years and older must register.
2.Your 18 years and older guests coming along with you must register as well. Non-members will not be allowed to camp at Beaverlac.
3.Use your real first name and surname(last name) to register. Initials or nicknames are not allowed.
4.SA Citizens please use ID numbers only. Foreigners please use Passport number.
5.Do not use business/employer e-mail address to register. You can use an email address once only to register.
6.Comlete all the registration pages and wait till you see the "Submission Successful" message on your screen before you exit.
STEP 2: LOGIN TO MAKE AN ONLINE BOOKING
1.You will receive a non-reply email notification about your registration and login details.
2. Check in your spam/junk mail as well for these notifications.
3.Use the username and password exactly as on these notifications, to log in.
4.There can be a waiting period of up to 24 hours before your log in account becomes active.
5.You will now have access to the online camping booking request form.
STEP 3: ONLINE CAMPING BOOKING FORM
1. After login click on the ONLINE CAMPING BOOKING FORM tab.
2. Please read and ensure you understand all the requirements listed in the heading of the ONLINE CAMPING BOOKING FORM before you proceed and submit.
3. Enure the correct completion of all the fields on the booking form.
4. The submit button on the booking form will be grayed out and not active if there are errors. Look for red error messages and correct accordingly.
5.IMPORTANT BOOKING REQUIREMENTS
-Bookings must be per one vehicle.
-You cannot book on behalf of other vehicles.
-Do not list kids younger than 4 years on the booking form.
-Ensure that all persons 18 years and older you list on the booking form are registered as members. See REGISTRATION above.
-The booking form makes provision for 6 persons. In case you have more than 6 persons in the same vehicle, please submit an additional booking form and insert the word "CONTINUATION" after
the vehicle registration number.
6. CAMPING PERMIT
- We will evaluate your camping request and if approved, you will receive the Beaverlac Camping Approval/Permit via your registered email address.
- You must bring the Beaverlac Camping Approval/Permit along and present it to the Beaverlac Reception. A snapshot of the Approval/Permit on your cell phone is acceptable but just remember
there is no cell phone reception at Beaverlac so save the snapshot beforehand.
- We will deny access to the campsite should you not be able to present the camping approval/permit to Reception.
- Please read all the notes on the Approval/Permit to prepare you before arrival at Beaverlac.
- Your camping request will be rejected if you fail to comply with all the requirements.
**PROCEDURE AND REQUIREMENTS: **
(ONLY REGISTERED PERSONS MAY BOOK A CABIN)
1. Only a Registered Member may book a Cabin. The 18 years and older guests staying with you in the cabin must register too. See REGISTRATION above.
2. Phone 022 931 2945 to book or inquire about cabin availability: Daily between 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Do not e-mail us about inquiries. E-mail inquiries will be ignored.
3. Have your USER ID ready. You will see your USER ID on the top of the Home Page under "WELCOME TO BEAVERLAC" after login.
4. Once you secured a cabin a 50% nonrefundable deposit is required immediately
. E-mail proof of your deposit within 48 hours to firstname.lastname@example.org
or fax-to-mail (086 669 2851). Should you fail to do so we reserve the right to cancel the cabin booking without notifying to you. See the "CONTACT PAGE" for our Bank Account details.
5. Complete and submit an online booking form and list all the persons for whom the cabin is booked. Put the cabin name after the vehicle reg. no. on the booking form, please.
6. Additional persons joining you as campers must book for camping separately. See Registration and Tent/Caravan Camping above.
** All visitors to Beaverlac are required to adhere to the Rules & Regulations - READ HERE**
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
Friendly and well-behaved dogs are welcome too, BUT please keep your dog under controle at all times. Dogs are not allowed in rock pools where people are swimming.
We do not have demarcated camping spots. You may camp anywhere in the camping area. We do not reserve camping spots.
- No electricity availabe at the campsites but we do have a freezer and powerpoint at the shop for use by campers.
- Please do not bring non-registered as well as persons not on your booking along.They will not be allowed into the camp.
NO DAY VISITORS allowed.
- NO DROP AND GO CAMPERS AND NO BUSES OR TAXIS.
- By submitting a camping request you also accept to abide by all our rules. Failure to abide by our rules will result in immediate and permanent eviction.
MUSIC IS NOT ALLOWED and ABSOLUTE SILENCE in the camp FROM 11:00 pm till 7:00 am THE FOLLOWING MORNING. Please report offenders at the shop. All we need is their car registration numbers.
- Small cars do make it in and out of Beaverlac provided the car is not heavily loaded. You use the farm road down to Beaverlac at your own risk.
- There is no cell phone reception at Beaverlac.
- Over the New Years Season (25 December to 2 January) you must book for atleast 3 nights.